Can I temporarily close a street or parking space?

The City grants temporary closures of streets, on-street parking spaces, and sidewalks for a variety of things. Examples include a downtown business doing renovations needs to place a dumpster in a parallel parking space and the Memorial Day Parade. Any closure of a public area, such as the greenway, sidewalks, on-street parking spaces, and public streets, requires a permit from the City. There are also fees for these closures, which depend on what is closed and for how long. A permit application must be received by the City Planning Department at least 45 days in advance of the requested closure to allow for coordination between City departments and, if necessary, the North Carolina Department of Transportation. Call the Planning Department for more information or to request a permit application at 828-885-5630.

Show All Answers

1. Where is City Hall?
2. What is my property zoned?
3. What is the ETJ?
4. Can I temporarily close a street or parking space?
5. How do I get a business license?