This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.cityofbrevard.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use & Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Your Access to & Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
See what data we have about you, if any.
Change/correct any data we have about you.
Have us delete any data we have about you.
Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment and your information is stored in an encrypted format in the database.
While every effort is made to keep such information accurate and up-to-date, document and related graphics published on this site could include technical inaccuracies or typographic errors. The City of Brevard provides the information and services on this Website 'without guarantee, warranty or representation of any kind. Use of and browsing in this Website are at the sole risk of the user. In the case of any errors and discrepancies, including deadline dates for the submission of any materials, the official printed documents maintained at the City Offices will take precedence.
Independent verification of all information on this Website is strongly recommended. Under no circumstances will the City of Brevard be liable for any incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages, arising out of the use or inability to use this website, including without limitation, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction, or any damages.
Communications made through the electronic mail/and/or messaging capabilities of this site shall in no way deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Brevard or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives with respect to any application or existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the City is required by any Federal, state or local laws, rules, or regulations.
Altering Forms Warning
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this website including unauthorized alterations to the wording of any online forms available on the site, are strictly prohibited. Alteration of the wording of downloadable or online forms renders the forms invalid. Unauthorized interference with the operations and functions of this website, by electronic or other means, is strictly prohibited. Any attempt to use any information, feature, or other aspect of the site to engage in criminal conduct will be vigorously prosecuted. Any unlawful actions may be subject to criminal prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986, and other criminal laws, and may also result in civil liability.
Publicly Posted Policy for the City of Brevard Website
The City of Brevard owns and operates this Website as an enhancement to the governmental services that it provides and as an information service to its residents and to the general public. This Website is a supplement to the information and the services available from the City's offices.
Furthermore, the City of Brevard through this Website seeks to expand public involvement in City matters and to raise public awareness on matters critical to the smooth operation of government.
The City of Brevard reserves the right to determine what information and services shall and shall not be placed on this Website.
The City strives to present current and accurate information on this Website, but does not guarantee the accuracy or currency of information posted here.
In the event of a significant difference between the information on this Website and official information available at the City offices, the official information should prevail.
Email Comments on Public Hearings
Comments on public hearing items that are submitted by email will not automatically become part of the official record of such proceedings, unless required by law. Persons wishing to comment on public hearing items should attend the public hearing and express themselves in person at the hearing, or if the notice of a particular hearing allows written comments, then comments may be submitted in that manner. The City will attempt to pass all email correspondence to the intended recipients.
Notices of Public Hearings
When the City places notices of items on this Website, scheduled for upcoming public meeting or hearing, it does so only to facilitate public access to such information, as a supplement to the legally required methods of posting notices.
Email to City Officials and Employees
Persons submitting email comments or questions to the City of Brevard's officials or employees should be aware that the City cannot guarantee, nor does it represent that such communications will remain private or confidential. Similar to mailed or delivered comments, comments received via email may become subject to public disclosure under the North Carolina Public Records Act and/or part of the discovery procedure in a civil lawsuit.
This Website links only to the Websites of other governmental entities and organizations, organizations that have a relationship with the City. The City Manager's office can grant linking requests.
The City is not responsible for the content, views, opinions or factual representations of any Webpages that are not contained on the cityofbrevard.com servers.
Terms & Conditions for Usage of this Website
The term 'City of Brevard' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the City of Brevard's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of North Carolina.
CITY SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns on the City's various social media pages (e.g. Facebook, etc.) but please note that these are for moderated online discussion and are NOT intended to act as a public forum.
We understand that these sites are a 24/7 medium and welcome your comments at any time. However, please know that given the need to manage our staff and resources (and your tax dollars), we cannot constantly monitor and respond to comments, messages, or postings to social media.
Once posted, we reserve the right to delete submissions that contain: vulgar language; personal attacks of any kind; comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation; spam or links to other sites; advocate illegal activity; or promote particular services, products, or political organizations.