Residential Recycling Program
The Sanitation Division collects recyclables for city residential customers. Please place your recyclables curbside by 7:30 a.m. on your scheduled day in the cart or bin provided to you. The residential recycling fee is $3 per month. Remove lids from bottles and jars. Do not mix household garbage with recyclables. Items must be inside the container for collection. If additional containers are needed, please contact Public Works.
Recycling is collected bi-weekly and a calendar with collections dates is available by contacting Public Works or pick one up at the Water Department.
- Thursday Route: West of Broad Street / Asheville Highway
- Friday Route: East of Broad Street / Asheville Highway
Please note any schedule changes or makeup day announcements for holidays or inclement weather are placed on the home page under "News and Announcements".
Residential Recycling Calendar
- Aluminum and steel cans (no lids)
- Aluminum foil and pie plates
- Brown paper grocery bags
- Catalogs, TV Guides, magazines, and telephone books
- Cereal boxes, shoe boxes, and other boxes
- Corrugated cardboard (broken down and flat)
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, green, or brown)
- Mixed paper: office, construction, wrapping, and envelopes)
- Newspaper and newspaper inserts
- Paper egg cartons
- Paperback books and junk mail
- Plastic bottles, jugs, or tubs (#1 through #7, no lids)
- Shredded paper
- Soda and beer cartons
- Toilet and paper towel rolls
Items Not Collected
- Antifreeze / motor oil
- Broken glass or windows / mirror glass
- Carbon, NCR, or wax paper
- Detergent boxes
- Dishes, cookware, or drinking glasses
- Dog and cat food bags
- Frozen food boxes
- Hardback books
- Light bulbs
- Milk cartons
- Paint cans or aerosol cans
- Paper towels or tissues
- Pesticide bottles
- Pizza or juice boxes
- Plastic bags or plastic wrap
- Polystyrene foam
- Polystyrene foam egg cartons
Commercial Cardboard Recycling Program
As according to the City of Brevard Fee Schedule, all commercial businesses inside the city limits (includes all businesses with a privilege license) shall pay $10 per month for corrugated cardboard collection. Please remove all packing material from cardboard and break down large boxes. Cardboard should be placed curbside by Noon for collection. Call 828-884-2171, Option 4, by Noon for same day collection.
Holiday Schedules & Weather Delays
Collection delays, cancellations, or makeup days are posted in the Transylvania Times Newspaper, on Cable Magazine, and by announcements on local radio stations WGCR and WSQL.
Residential Carts & Bins
If you need a residential cart or bin, email Public Works or call 828-884-2171, Option 4, for free cart or bin delivery.