- Your Government
- Boards & Committees
- ABC Board
- 8:30 a.m.
- The 4th Thursday of each month
- City Hall Administrative Conference Room
95 West Main Street
Brevard, NC 28712
The Mayor and City Council of the city shall designate the members and chairman of the ABC Board. Terms begin with the date of appointment and are 3 years. A member may not serve more than 2 consecutive terms. Vacancies shall be filled by the Mayor and City Council for the unexpired term. Compensation of the members of the ABC Board shall be fixed by the City Council of the City of Brevard.
Duties & Responsibilities
The ABC Board has the powers and duties imposed by State Law G.S. 18B-701.
- Adopt rules for its ABC system, subject to the approval of the state ABC Commission
- Borrow money as provided in G. S 18B-702
- Buy and lease real personal property, and receive property bequeathed or given, as necessary for the operation of the ABC system
- Buy, sell, transport, and possess alcoholic beverages as necessary for the operation of its ABC stores
- Designate one employee as manager of the ABC system and determine his responsibilities
- Dispose of property in the same manner as city council may under Article 12 of Chapter 160A of the General Statutes
- Employ local ABC officers or make other provisions for enforcement of ABC laws as provided in G.S.18B-702;
- Hire and fire employees for the ABC system
- Invest surplus funds as provided in G. S 18B-702
- Issue purchase transportation permits as provided in Article 4
- Operate ABC stores as provided in Article 8
- Perform any other activity authorized or required by the ABC law
- Require bonds of employees as provided in the rules of the Commission