About the Scholarship
The Terrell L. Scruggs Scholarship will be given to senior students selected from any of the three Transylvania County high schools to assist with college expenses. These students will be selected by board members of the Terrell L. Scruggs Scholarship Committee based on character, academic achievements, extracurricular participation, volunteer work, commitment, community involvement and references. The application is reasonable in length and available to any and all seniors seeking assistance in funding higher education.
Requirements & Criteria
Eligible applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be a graduating senior from one of the three Transylvania County Public High Schools.
- Applications must be typed or written in ink to assure legibility.
- Attach a copy of your high school transcript.
- Sign the photo release form.
- A copy of the Letter of Acceptance from college or university you plan to attend.
- Applications are due on or before April 9th, 2021.
- Complete the entire application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Three (3) completed recommendation forms need to be attached in sealed envelopes.
- Completed applications can be submitted in one of the following ways:
A. Turned into the counselor by 3 p.m. ON or BEFORE April 9th, 2021
B. Hand delivered by 5 p.m. ON or BEFORE April 9th, 2021 to:
Terrell L. Scruggs Scholarship Board
Attention: Kelley Craig, Board Member
95 W Main Street
Brevard, NC 28712