- Our Community
- Brevard in the Media
Brevard in the Media
- In Western North Carolina: Do go chasing waterfalls by the Associated Press
"There's no wrong reason to visit a waterfall."
- 10 Best Places to Travel in the South in 2018 in Southern Living
"The annual festival held by the Brevard Music Center brings arts and music lovers from all over the country to this tiny town. Between concerts, visit Looking Glass Falls or the swimming hole at Sliding Rock."
- 12 Charming Small Towns In North Carolina You Simply Can't Ignore In 2018 on Only in Your State
"There are many things to admire about Brevard including a bevy of outdoor activities ranging from waterfall chasing, to hiking and even rock climbing, if that's your thing."
- Top Adventure Hubs in Appalachia in Blue Ridge Outdoors
"Near Looking Glass Rock, catch-and-release anglers can wrestle monster fish that gorge on pellets from the hatchery. Intrepid individuals can push back into side streams where wild rainbows and wild brook trout are more aggressive. Fishing aside, the town is ideal for all stripes of adventurers as well as families."
- 20 Best Fall Vacations in America for Seeing the Colors on TripAdvisor.com on TripAdvisor.com
"This welcoming town is nestled in Transylvania County, where you'll find lush forest wherever you look."
- Most Charming Southern Vacations You Need to Experience on TripAdvisor.com
"Brevard makes an ideal base for exploring the region."
- America's 20 Best Mountain Bike Towns in National Geographic
"With a population of around 8,000, Brevard has old-school small-town charm, great barbecue, and bike shops that serve coffee and beer. The area hosts several cycling events, including the famed Pisgah Stage Race, a five-day endurance mountain bike race through the rocky, rooted terrain Pisgah is known for."
- The Best Places to Retire in 2017 in Forbes
"Striking town of waterfalls and mountains..."
- The Best Things to Do in Brevard, North Carolina on OffMetro.com
"If you're looking for an art-infused town with a waterfall-heavy landscape, stunning scenery, mountain bike and hiking trails and some of the state's most savory southern cuisine, consider a weekend in Brevard, North Carolina. It's a southern spring fling of the best variety."
- Mountain Getaway in Brevard, NC. on Southern Living
"Stunning natural beauty, world-class performing arts, and outdoor adventure all come together in a town with fewer than 8,000 people."
- 30 Small Towns You Should Visit This Summer on Country Living.com
"Brevard is a poster child for small-town charm."
- 7 Stellar Road Biking Loops Beginning in Brevard, NC on Blue Ridge Outdoors
"Next time you're in the Brevard area with a road bike in tow, don't miss out on these 7 classic road rides."
- Downtown Brevard, NC., offers singular shopping experience in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
"Enjoy the music and hiking, but don't miss downtown Brevard...this western North Carolina town is filled with unforgettable, locally-run small businesses, restaurants, and galleries."
- The 51 Mountain Bike Capitals of the United States on Singletracks.com
"No doubt about it: Brevard is the mountain bike capital of North Carolina, if not the entire east coast."
- You'll Fall in Love with North Carolina's Stunning Scenery and Wonderful Waterfalls on The Daily Mirror
"Our base was in the sweet little town of Brevard in the valley below."
- Leave Winter Behind on EverythingZoomer.com
"Downtown Brevard offers a fun, relaxed accompaniment to wilderness exploration and a whole new sort of adventure for any and all inclined to follow their senses through one of 'America's Coolest Small Towns.' "
- New Year's Eve: 16 unsung places to ring in 2016 on Flipkey.com
"In the "Land of the Waterfalls" (over 250!), Transylvania County in North Carolina, you'll find charming Brevard. The downtown features over 50 shops including antique stores, art galleries, and a popular toy store."
- Dog-Friendly Getaway: Brevard in NashvillePaw.com
"If you're looking for a great dog-friendly getaway, look no further than Brevard, North Carolina!"
- Perfect Mountain Biking Through North Carolina's Pisgah National Forest in Men's Journal
- "About 30 miles south of Asheville, North Carolina, the Pisgah National Forest is an East Coast mountain-biking wonderland."
- Leaf Peeping: 23 Places to See the Best Fall Foliage Right Out Your Window on Trip Advisor
- "Don't just see the fall foliage. Be surrounded by it."
- America's 10 Best Mountain Bike Towns on National Geographic
"Mountain bikers out West might be surprised to hear the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina are one of the best places in the country to ride a mountain bike. With a population of around 8,000, Brevard has old-school small-town charm, great barbecue, and bike shops that serve coffee and beer."
- Have you ever seen a white squirrel? on Mother Nature Network
"Your odds of seeing a white squirrel are higher in Brevard. Glesener's research has found that almost one in three of the city's squirrels has white fur, meaning it has the highest percent white of any known squirrel colony."
- The 10 Most Beautiful, Charming Small Towns In North Carolina on onlyinyourstate.com
"The main street is full of life, shops, and restaurants while you're only a quick drive away from several outdoor activities."
- Party in Pisgah - Exploring North Carolina's Finest on Pinkbike.com
"I had heard great things about Brevard, North Carolina from more than a few well-traveled riders. Last year on a trip with Jeff Lenosky, he said that he thought Brevard was the best place to ride in the United States."
- Top 100 Best Small Towns on Livability.com
"Located near the entrance to Pisgah National Forest, Brevard, NC., features a moderate climate and plenty of cultural attractions. Proximity to several waterfalls earned Brevard the nickname, 'The Land of Waterfalls.' Brevard College's music and environmental studies programs are lauded, and Blue Ridge Community College provides an additional choice for higher education. Outdoor adventure opportunities include lush parks, mountain biking and road biking."
- America's 20 Coolest Outdoor Towns on MatadorNetwork.com
"Optimal conditions: warm bluebird day in late September after two nights of rain, the tulip trees are yellow and the maples are starting to flame, and water temps are not yet cold. Head back to town for Mexican food blowout, beers, live bluegrass"
- Top 10 Mountain Bike Destinations, As Chosen by the People on Singletracks.com
"Brevard is a truly epic East Coast destination."